- This event has passed.
Simbi Showcase Series | The How, Why & What of Reading Assessments
January 19 @ 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm PST
Presenter – Adrienne Gear
Mid-year reading assessments on the brain? Needing some direction and inspiration? Join Simbi Literacy Advisor and BC author Adrienne Gear for a free webinar with some practical ideas on reading assessments. In this one hour webinar, Adrienne will discuss –
- What do we look for when assessing students’ reading?
- Why are mid-year reading assessments important?
- How do we use the assessments to guide our practice? What does responsive instruction look like?
- What signs indicate we should refer a child for further specialist assessment?
- Feeling overwhelmed you have to do a reading assessment online?
Several assessment tools will be shared, as well as some simple tracking documents for supporting those “next step” lessons.